WE’RE HIRING: Sales & Marketing Coordinator/Placement
OPEN TO YOUTH AGED 15-30 (not in education, employment or training)
Location: Paris, Ontario. In-person (Paris Presbyterian Church)
1-Year Placement (part-time)
Who We Are:
The Raw Carrot is a social franchise that believes that every person who WANTS to work should have the opportunity for a Hand Up (instead of just a handout) in life!
We partner with churches and nonprofits across Ontario to create meaningful employment for amazingly talented individuals living with disAbilities and mental illness.
We’re “stirring up” change in local communities through our delicious, handcrafted gourmet soup.
Together, we are “Peeling for Change”!
The Raw Carrot Soup Enterprise is looking for an enthusiastic person who will work with staff at The Raw Carrot headquarters to create more hours of work and more jobs at all Raw Carrot extension sites through creative sales and marketing initiatives.
- Initiate direct (in-person) soup sales and opportunities for sales growth including, but not limited to:
- Researching, developing, and initiating a sales and marketing strategy
- Developing projects to market soup in new ways – ie) Gift Boxes
- Develop, set up and launch corporate Christmas engagement
- Work with businesses, community members to create partnerships that result in bulk sales growth
- Developing retail store opportunities to promote soup
- Social media/newsletter posting
- Video development/editing
- Engage volunteers to assist with sales/marketing or other initiatives
- Other related projects as assigned
*This work experience placement is part of the CreateAction Inclusive Social Innovation program. The Sales and Marketing team member will be part of a network of CreateAction participants and will join in regular peer learning sessions and evaluation activities delivered by the program partners: the Canadian CED Network, the National Association of Friendship Centres, and the Social Research and Demonstration Corporation.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
(a) be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at start of placement;
(b) be a Canadian citizen, or permanent resident or a protected person as defined by the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
(c) be legally entitled to work in Canada;
(d) be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and
(e) be experiencing one or more barriers to employment; and/or
(f) be not in education, employment, or training (NEET).
We would also value:
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Computer literacy: basic proficiency in word processing, excel and internet use. Experience in Publisher, Canva, Shopify, WordPress or other an asset
A positive attitude, team player and willingness to try new things (with support)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a resume AND cover letter