We’re Hiring! Home Cook/Baker
Position: New Product Research and Development (Paid)
Location: Work-from-home primarily but weekly in-person meetings in Paris, ON (Part-time)
The Raw Carrot is a social franchise that believes that every person who WANTS to work should have the opportunity for a Hand Up (instead of just a handout) in life!
We partner with churches and non-profits across Ontario to create meaningful employment for amazingly talented individuals living with disAbilities and mental illness.
We’re “stirring up” change in local communities through our delicious, handcrafted gourmet soup.
Together, we are “Peeling for Change”!
We are planning on expanding our product line to include more than just gourmet soup. We’re looking for a passionate home baker/cook to work with us on new recipe development.
The successful candidate will be:
- Someone who enjoys baking and cooking at home (and friends/family tell you that you are good at it!)
- trying (and following) recipes precisely
- willing to participate in the research of new products (based on our suggestions, shared brainstorming, and our market research) and
- Someone who has home experience baking classic Canadian recipes (cookies, cakes, squares, pies)
- Calculating the cost of recipes (with support) once made
- Demonstrated skills in cooking/baking (samples of baked products required if you are chosen to interview)
- Willingness to try recipes that aren’t necessarily fancy, but that are SUPER tasty. (All of the Raw Carrot recipes are cost conscious and easy/appropriate for our staff to make)
- Willingness to create the same recipe multiple times in multiple iterations
- Ability to accept feedback (won’t be personal, we just want to be able to work together to create the right product, which will happen through lots of product adjusting and feedback 😊)
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Interest in understanding the current Raw Carrot soup production model and working to create successful recipes that can be made within kitchen and soup production restrictions
- Ability to cost out recipes (with support)
None! We’re not looking for a trained chef…. just someone who loves to cook, bake, and create in the kitchen AND is willing to work with us to create some tasty new products that our staff are successful at making and work in tandem with our current soup production schedule.
We are looking for someone who will do the shopping and work primarily from their home kitchen but will bring in food samples regularly (weekly) for trials, brainstorming and feedback.
8-week contract @ $20/hr (15-25 hours/week) with possibility for extension
The Raw Carrot would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please submit your resume AND cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This funding is made possible by the Brant Community Foundation